Construction Truck Accident Lawyer
Construction sites can be dangerous places, especially when large trucks and heavy machinery are involved. Truck accidents on construction sites often lead to serious or fatal injuries for workers. If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction truck accident, contacting an experienced construction truck accident lawyer should be a top priority. Here is some key information about these types of accidents and how a lawyer can help.
Common Causes of Construction Truck Accidents
Construction trucks such as dump trucks, concrete mixers, and 18-wheelers are ubiquitous on construction sites. Like any large, heavy vehicles, they can cause extensive damage if an accident occurs. Some common causes of construction truck accidents include:
- Truck driver error – Distraction, impairment, or recklessness on the part of the truck driver often leads to accidents.
- Equipment failure – Failed brakes, steering, or other critical truck components can cause the driver to lose control.
- Hazardous site conditions – Debris, uneven terrain, low visibility, and other site hazards can contribute to accidents.
- Improper loading – Improperly loaded or overweight trucks have a higher risk of tipping or losing control.
- Speeding – Excessive speed increases the chance of a truck driver losing control and crashing.
Serious Injuries Resulting from Construction Truck Accidents
Due to their enormous size and weight, collisions with construction trucks often result in catastrophic injuries, including:
- Blunt force trauma from the impact
- Spinal cord injuries leading to paralysis
- Amputations of arms or legs
- Head and brain injuries such as concussions or skull fractures
- Crushing injuries when a body part gets pinned or run over by a truck
- Severe lacerations and abrasions
- Internal organ damage
Sadly, many construction truck accidents result in death at the scene or soon after. Survivors are often left permanently disabled and facing a lifetime of medical treatment, rehabilitation, or assistive care.
Why Hire a Construction Truck Accident Lawyer?
After a catastrophic construction truck accident, victims and their families have many questions about how to proceed. A qualified truck accident lawyer has the answers. An attorney can:
- Investigate all factors that led to the accident
- Determine appropriate parties to hold legally responsible
- Calculate current and future accident-related costs
- File a lawsuit on your behalf seeking maximum compensation
- Negotiate aggressively with insurance companies
- Be an advocate and advisor throughout the legal process
The lawyer handles the complicated legal matters so you can focus on healing and recovery. They have experience identifying all avenues for obtaining the money you need and deserve after a devastating construction truck accident.
Elements of a Strong Truck Accident Claim
In developing an accident claim, skilled construction truck accident lawyers will gather and present evidence to prove:
- The defendant’s legal liability for the crash due to negligence, recklessness, etc.
- All physical, emotional, and financial harm the accident caused
- The full impact the injuries will have on the victim’s life and livelihood
- Why the plaintiff deserves maximum compensation in the situation
Thorough investigation and documentation are key. The lawyer will obtain police reports, worker statements, equipment records, video footage, and other materials that shed light on how and why the accident happened.
How soon after the accident should I hire a lawyer?
Do not delay. The lawyer can immediately launch an investigation, preserve evidence, and start the claims process. Most offer free consultations, so you have nothing to lose.
How much will hiring a truck accident lawyer cost me?
Top lawyers take construction accident cases on a contingency fee basis meaning legal fees come as a percentage of any eventual settlement or award. No settlement = no fee.
What settlement outcomes can I expect?
Every case is different. Settlements often range from hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars depending on accident circumstances and the extent of injuries. An experienced lawyer has the data to provide a case value estimate.
How long do these cases typically take to resolve?
It varies based on factors like how many parties are involved and how willing insurers are to negotiate fair settlements. Many truck accident cases settle out of court within 1-2 years. More complex cases can go to trial.
Choosing the Right Construction Truck Accident Lawyer for You
If you or someone you care about has been harmed by a construction truck, our legal team is here to help. When selecting counsel, look for these important attributes:
- Extensive background handling construction injury cases
- A strong track record delivering excellent litigation results
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, regulations, and legal precedents
- A versatile team with accident reconstruction, medical, engineering, and other expertise
- Reputation as a tough negotiator who will stand up to insurance companies
- Commitment to compassionate and personalized representation