Amrish Puri: 10 Facts About Renowned Indian Actor
Actors and Actresses of the Bollywood world have already inspired us with their acting and stunts they perform in the movies. Amrish Puri is one of the famous and amazing actors from the Bollywood industry. Mostly, he has played a villain role in his time. Amrish Puri died 13 years ago. He acts in almost 200 films in his 30 years career.
In his period, he worked with avant-garde directors like Shyam Benegal and Govind Nihalani. He began his career in 1992 and became the most dependable actor in the industry. Many people are still inspired by his fascinating personality and role in the greatest movies like Mogambo in Mr India, Ashraf Ali in Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, Baldev Singh Chaudhary in DDLJ.
He got multiple villain roles in many of his films, and he always gets compliments on his skills. Once, Steven Spielberg said, “Amrish Puri is the best villain world has ever produced and will ever be!” In fact, Amrish Puri became the archetypal and unforgettable Bollywood Villain.
Facts About Renowned Indian Actor
- Amrish Puri did a government job for 21 years and resigned as an A grade officer. He realized that he could be a theatre actor and become more famous.
- As compared to other villain actors, he was the highest-paid actor in the industry. He was confident enough and knew his worth very well. After some time, Puri chose to walk out of an N.N Sippy’s Movie as the director was not able to offer him as per his demand.
- Amrish Puri was afraid at first as he was not comfortable in the role of Mogambo in Mr. India. He directly approached the director of the film, Shekhar Kapoor, and asked him if there is any easy way to portray the role. While motivating Puri, Shekhar said, “You have to play Shakespeare’s role for ten years, old kids. After that, he well played the role and became famous for history. This is an evergreen movie that can be watched anytime at any age. You won’t get bored, and you will definitely enjoy watching it with family and friends.
- In his book, the Act of the Life, he mentioned how an Indian Kannada film changed his life, career, and social status and how amazingly the director, Girish Karnad, put the stamp of a villain on his personality.
- While recording his magazine interview, he disliked his voice. But as his efforts were unparalleled and brilliant, his voice becomes rare in the film industry.
- Eventually, he started working as a stage actor in Satyadev Dubey’s play and become a well-known stage actor in his time. Amrish won the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1979 that was known as the highest Indian recognition given to working artists.
- Not only his voice, but he was also meticulous when it came to other aspects. According to Anupam Kher, “He was very particular about his shoelaces, his mustache’s length, and other tiny details”.
- Other than his commended criminal roles, he also spoiled in playback singing for various movies like The Hero (2003), Tarazu (1997), Shikari (1991), Aaj Ka Arjun (1990).
- After being so popular in the Bollywood industry, he never becomes arrogant like other celebrities. He overlapped the theatre world, parallel cinema, and commercial cinema and justified every zone. And this is the reason he is still in everyone’s heart. Even after his death, people still want to see him on a big screen, and they are still watching his old movies to keep his memory with them. Our generation will always remember him through his action film and fantastic acting.
- He was the most famous star in Bollywood. People are missing him a lot as they never found any daring villain in the industry.
Here are the top 10 facts of Amrish Puri that many people of Bollywood don’t know. He has made many fans in India as well as out of the country, and there are many viewers of their film. Mostly, DDLJ and Mr. India were the fantastic movies of him. He will always be in our hearts, and we will never forget him.